Job Number: 2111
Position Title: Medical Assistant
To assist in the daily front desk operations, insuring efficient service and patient/client satisfaction. To assist the physician(s) and physician extenders in the evaluation and treatment of the patient. Reports to clinical manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as a receptionist and answers phones for the medical office; handles inquiries and problems/complaints from patients in a courteous and customer service oriented manner.
- Schedules daily patient appointments within when appropriate. Arranges services with consultants, lab, radiology, etc. Checks out patients in computer system.
- Acts as a liaison, in a courteous manner, between medical office, other physicians, clients, and facilities. Makes phone calls as needed.
- Prepares visit forms and patient charts on a daily basis for office visits.
- Commutes between sites as needed.
- Registers patients efficiently and promptly in computer and gathers pertinent information for treatment and accurate billing.
- Performs DOT and Non DOT Physicals and Drug Screen collections
- Leads patients to exam rooms. Assists physician and physician extenders with examination when necessary.
- Performs PFT, EKG and Breath Alcohol, and audiograms when, and if necessary.
- Draws blood specimens and collects urine for testing at the clinic and client job site.
- Takes vital signs, records on medical chart; discusses abnormal findings with physician or physician extenders.
- Responsible for obtaining lab results. Reports abnormal test results to physician and physician extenders; reports negative results of drug tests to clients.
- Sends reports and forms to clients and telephones verbal reports to clients, etc., as necessary.
- Assists with filling of medications. Calls pharmacy as needed.
- Gives injections at the clinic and client job site.
- Assists management with maintaining supplies and pharmaceutical inventories.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
Pivot Physical Therapy is a premier provider of physical therapy, aquatic therapy and sports medicine services with locations serving Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington, DC and West Virginia. Pivot is committed to clinical excellence and strives to provide our patients with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice. Pivot’s occupational health division, WORKPRO Occupational Health, specializes in the treatment and management of work-related injury, illness and employee health.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Physical Therapy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Physical Therapy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Physical Therapy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Physical Therapy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seaford, Delaware US