Job Number: 2388
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
The Nurse Practitioner provides high-quality patient care, exceptional customer service, and other health-related services to meet and/or exceed the needs of patients and their families. Ensures patient/customer satisfaction by respecting confidentiality and privacy; treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect; considering the needs of everyone; and responding to customer concerns in a timely manner.
Reports to: Medical Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures a high quality of occupational medical care and judgement that meets Quality Assurance Standards.
- Provides medical treatment, testing, and physicals as required.
- Provides services including the evaluation and treatment of injured workers, education, health promotion, injury prevention, and work-site consultations that meet current standards of occupational medical care.
- Provides Travel Medicine Services.
- Provides cost effective professional services.
- Provides appropriate care, in a professional and courteous manner to employee.
- Pursues continuing education with regard to development in the concepts and principles of occupational medicine.
- Serves as medical liaison/case manager to client employees, workers’ compensation representatives, claims administrators, personal physicians, consultants, professional associations or other groups or individuals.
- Educates clients and employees in understanding the attendant risks for the employee at the work place.
- Returns employee to full duty or modified duty as soon as employee is physically able.
- Telephones clients with regard to the medical status and work status of employee, during visits when there is a medical or work status change.
- Ensures that medical information revealed in the course of worker evaluations remains confidential, releasing it only when required by law or by overriding public health considerations, or to other physicians at the request of the worker.
- Perform various other responsibilities as director by Medical Director.
Required Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- BA or BS and graduate of NP program
- Active state licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner. Current certification to participate in the Compensation Health Care Payment System if required by state.
- The following preferred, but not required:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of occupational medicine/care of Workers' Compensation patients.
- Experience with healthcare and/or insurance carriers helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of state Workers' Compensation.
- DOT Medical Examiner Certification (will need to obtain ASAP if not already certified)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ensures patient/customer satisfaction by respecting confidentiality and privacy; treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect; considering the needs of everyone; and responding to customer concerns in a timely manner.
- Works effectively with others toward a common goal by:
- Actively maintaining a positive impact on morale and promoting teamwork.
- Demonstrating flexibility in job activities to further promote unity goals.
- Coordinating responsibility and activities with appropriate personnel at the required skill level in a manner that maximizes productivity.
- Expresses ideas and information clearly and concisely in oral and written forms. Listens attentively. Keeps management and co-workers well informed. Responds to requests in a timely and effective manner
- Keeps immediate supervisor updated. Helps accomplish mission and goals.
- Identifies problems, considers viable alternatives and implements solutions based on analysis and sound reasoning, checking with supervisor as needed.
- Works as scheduled. Meets established notification for absences. Is consistently on time and ready to work at start of shift.
- Operates within organization policies and procedures. Consistently adheres to health and safety standards.
- Creates and/or supports new ideas that enhance unit/department goals or reduce costs. Shows initiative and seeks out opportunities for improvement. Performs duties in an independent manner based on guidelines set by supervision.
- Provides high-quality patient care, exceptional customer service, and other health-related services to meet and/or exceed the needs of patients and their families.
- Recognizes and respects cultural differences among co-workers and patients and responds appropriately.
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Practitioner
Pivot Physical Therapy is a premier provider of physical therapy, aquatic therapy and sports medicine services with locations serving Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Washington, DC and West Virginia. Pivot is committed to clinical excellence and strives to provide our patients with the highest quality care and superior functional outcomes through evidence-based practice. Pivot’s occupational health division, WORKPRO Occupational Health, specializes in the treatment and management of work-related injury, illness and employee health.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Physical Therapy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Physical Therapy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Physical Therapy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Physical Therapy’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Elkton, Maryland US